Water is one thing that we all use, no matter what, and we always want the purest and cleanest of them all. Not only that, but hard water can prove to make things more difficult in your home, from making your clothes faded after doing the laundry and making your chinaware brittle, to causing limescale buildup and eventually serious damage to your pipes at home. This is where a water softener comes in, more specifically, the Harvey Crown Water Softener. Although this salt-based water softener is quite small, it surprisingly offers a wide range of benefits and comes with free salt and an installation kit.
- It makes use of salt blocks to turn your hard water to soft water. This is much better than the traditional salt because you don’t have to change the salt constantly and you don’t have to haul heavy bags around.
- It has a unique twin tank feature, and so you never run out of water in your home, instead, you get double.
- It features an indicator which informs you on when you need to replace the salt blocks. This is a feature that not a lot of water softeners have.
- You can install it yourself, although it is more advisable to employ the assistance of a plumber.
- The water softener is non-electric and works solely on water pressure. This cuts running costs by a significant amount.
- It has a five-year warranty.
- Apart from the free salt blocks and installation kit, it also comes with a water hardness test kit so you can measure the hardness of your water and use the right amount of salt.
- It is compact sized and easy to use and operate.
- The internal unit can be turned so inlet or outlet ports can be on either side.
- It is simple to set up.
- It reduces running costs drastically by running on water pressure.
- It is easy to reverse the input or output mechanism for flexible installation.
- It can handle a larger amount of water because of its unique twin tank feature.
- It has a water hardness test kit.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It can be inefficient if there is low water pressure.
- You may not be able to use salt blocks from other manufacturers.
- It is deep in dimensions.
The price of the Harvey Crown water softener ranges between $850 to $950, but before you run for the hills, remember the benefits that come with it. It is more expensive than the water softeners reviewed here, but most of the cheaper models don’t have twin tanks or run on water pressure, thereby reducing costs.
The Harvey Crown Water Softener is worth the price, with its low running costs and the use of salt blocks which are more cost-effective than other softener salts. With this, you save money in the long run and provide pure, soft water for your home 24/7.